Tophane Clock Tower
This clock tower was built during the governorship of Governor Mumtaz Reshid Pasha, and inaugurated in 1905 in a ceremony held in commemoration of the 29th anniversary of the accession to the throne of Sultan Abdulhamid II. This clock tower was re-built after the collapsing of another clock tower, which had been built during the reign of Sultan Abdulaziz (1861-1876) at the same place as a four-floor square plan building.
This clock tower is built inside Tophane Park, a place which can be seen from every place in Bursa, a place, which is a part of the city’s silhouette. This tower has six floors, and it is used as both a fire and a clock tower. This 33 m high tower is built with a square plan, Next to the clock tower, there are four guns used in order to “tell” the Bursa inhabitants the hour of sunset for breaking the fast during the month of Ramadan.