The epitaph board placed over this mosque’s entrance door at north written in “sulus” script reveals that this mosque was built by Sitti Hatun in 1459. Sitti Hatun was the daughter of Oruç Bey, and the wife of Zaganos Pasha, one of the viziers of Mehmed the Conqueror (1451-1481). Due to the neighbourhood where it is situated, it is also called “Kamberler Mosque”.

This mosque’s walls are masoned using rubble stones, hewn stones and bricks. Its main prayer hall measuring 11 x 16 m, together with its portico for latecomers, is built with a rectangular ground plan.

In 1956, it was restored by the “Bursa Ancient Artwork Lovers’ Society”.

Views