Mausoleum of Prince Ahmet
This mausoleum was built for Shahzadah (Prince) Ahmed, the son of Bayezid II, according to an edict given by Yavuz Sultan Selim in 919 A.H. (A.D. 1513). The architect of this structure is Alaaddin, the building’s guard is Bedreddin Mahmud Bey, and its clerks are Ali, Yusuf, Muhiddin, and Mehmed Efendi, respectively.
This mausoleum is built with an octagonal plan. The door opening has a marble door case with a drop arch. The door itself is made with “kundekari” technique (without using any nails or other connecting materials, only using interconnecting timber pieces) with fine workmanship. There are hand-drawn ornaments on the mausoleum’s dome, and on the dome’s skirt, respectively.
Inside this mausoleum, there are six marble tombs. These tombs are situated on a marble platform built on a brick-built floor.
Shahzadah (Prince) Ahmed, Bulbul Hatun, his mother, Shehinshah, his younger brother, Mehmed, the son of Shehinshah and Korkut, the brother of Yavuz are buried in this mausoleum. There is another sarcophagus in this mausoleum whose identity is unknown.
The mousoleum which was thoroughly restored by Bursa Metropolitan Municipality between 2013 and 2014 is located in the site which was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2014.