Its three-line epitaph board written in Arabic states that the construction of this mausoleum was ordered by Murad II, and built in 853 A.H. (1449) by his son, Mehmed the Conqueror, for his mother, Huma Hatun. It is also known as “Ak Turbe” (“The White Mausoleum”), or “Hatuniye Turbesi” (“Hatuniye Mausoleum”).

In the inside of this mausoleum, there are hand-drawn ornaments from the 19th century. These cover its dome, its mihrab, and its walls, respectively. Besides the sarcophagus of Huma Hatun, which is placed on a marble platform, there is another sarcophagus in this mausoleum whose identity is unknown.

The mousoleum which was thoroughly restored by Bursa Metropolitan Municipality between 2013 and 2014 is located in the site which was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2014.

Views