This hamam was built by Çakır Aga, commissioned chief-officer responsible of Bursa’s security, during the reign of Murad II (1421-1451). After his duty in Bursa, Çakır Aga who was commissioned chief-officer also during the reign of Mehmed the Conqueror donated this hamam to a waqf as income for the soup kitchen and the hermitage in Silivri, Istanbul.

This hamam is a medium-sized, double-type hamam, with a women’s and a men’s section.The hamam was renovated in 1677 and 1962. Today, it still preserves its original function.