Stone School is one of the many school buildings built in the empire as a symbol of the modernization movements seen in the process of reforms aimed at regulating the political, social and economic structure of the Ottoman State in a western sense, which started with the imperial edict of reorganisation enacted in the period of Sultan Abdülmecit in 1839. Built by Chiristosmos, born in Tirilye and After studying in the Greece returned to Turkey as a metropolitan, between 1904 - 1909. Stone School  is the most magnificent building of Tirilye.