This mosque was built in 1390 by Kara Timurtash Pasha, one of the statesmen during the reign of Yıldırım Bayezid. Together with this mosque, he also ordered a hamam, or public bath, and a soup kitchen to be built. Among those structures, which were built as a kulliye complex, only the mosque and the hamam survived to date. Initially, this structure was built as a masjid, and then converted into a mosque in 1573.
This mosque’s walls are masoned using the pattern of three rows of bricks, with one row of hewn stones. It is one of those mosques built with a “⊥” plan (with lodging rooms for travellers, and a hermitage). Its portico for latecomers consists of five sections.
The minaret at this mosque’s north is built separately from the building. This minaret was renovated in 1966 by the “Bursa Ancient Artwork Lovers’ Society” according to its original plans.