It was started to be built by Karacabey Bin Abdullah in 1446, but it was completed in 1457 by the family of Karacabey who was martyred in the Belgrade War in 1456. In the garden of Karacabey Imaret Mosque, under the dome of the last congregation portico around the minaret, there is the tomb of Karacabey. It is the person who built this mosque and gave its name to the district. The mosque has 36 windows, 9 domes, and a minaret with two doors. The building, which was largely destroyed in the earthquake in 1855, was later destroyed by the Greeks. The unusable building was repaired by the General Directorate of Foundations in 1971-72.

Views