Ismail hakki Bursevi Mosque
This complex of different structures comprising a “tekke”, or small dervish lodge, a “semahane”, or sema hall, a “çilehane”, the place where the dervishes retire and fast, a guest house and extensions was built in 1723 by scientist and mystic Sheikh Ismail Hakki Bursevi (1653-1725). This complex is also known as “Ismail Hakki Tekke”, "Hikmetizade Dergah" dervish lodge, or "Sirri Zaviye" hermitage, continued to render service until 1925 when all ”tekkes” were closed.
Among these structures, the house where Ismail Hakki Bursevi, the founder of this dervish lodge lived, and the guest house collapsed in the course of time. The upper floor of this two-floor structure, which, in the past, was used as a sema hall, is used as a mosque, whereas there are several rooms on the ground floor.
Under the staircase at north, there is a drinking fountain with an epitaph board from 1723 written in “taliq” script, placed inside a large pointed arch.
In 1964, a minaret with a single surrounding balcony was built separate from the structure, at the “tekke”’s north-west.
In the graveyard situated at this mosque’s south, there are the tombs of the sheikhs of the dervish lodge, in first place the tomb of Sheikh Ismail Hakki Bursevi, as well as of his family members. It is surrounded by an iron fence, and uncovered. There is a head end and a foot end tombstone with a “Celveti” turban stating that his Majesty Ismail Hakki died in 1725. In front of this fence, there is as marble plate on which a ten-verse poem is written stating that his Majesty Ismail Hakki recited it three years prior to his death, and stating his date of death.
This structure was renovated in 1843, 1900, 1964, and in 1978, as well as in 2005.