This hamam was built in 825 A.H. (1421) by Ibrahim Pasha, son of Hayrettin Pasha from Çandar. According to the waqf’s charter, its purpose was to provide earnings to the soup kitchen in Iznik. According to a rumour, it is also known that both hamam and mosque are mentioned as “Mahkeme”, or “Courthouse”, too, since the Kadhi’s Residence was situated in this neighbourhood.

This hamam is built as a double hamam, with a men’s and a women’s section. The restoration work started by Bursa Metropolitan Municipality in 2010, was completed in 2011. Today, some part of the building maintains its original function, while the other part is used as a cultural center.