Hodja Muslihiddin / Ibrahim Pasha / Mahkeme (Courthouse) Mosque
There is no clear information concerning the sponsor of the construction of this mosque built in the 15th century. Various sources, however, indicate that this mosque was built either by Grand Vizier Ibrahim Pasha, son of Hayrettin Pasha from Çandar, or by Hodja Muslihiddin. For this reason, it is known under the names of these two persons. The waqf records reveal that this mosque was also called “Mahkeme”, or “Courthouse”, mosque.
This mosque is built using hewn stones and brick materials. Its main prayer hall, together with its portico for latecomers, is built with a rectangular ground plan. The mosque’s main prayer hall has a square plan measuring ca. 8.00 x 8.00 m, and is covered with a single dome. This dome sits on an octagonal tambour, with Turkish triangles. Its portico for latecomers is built as a single room. Its sides are closed with stones and bricks. The structure has a lean-to roof, and is covered with a wooden roof. Its front is closed with wooden materials.
Its minaret is bonded to the structure’s eastern wall. Its octagonal plinth block is masoned using stones and bricks, whereas its body is completely masoned of bricks. The triangles in its cube section are made from marble and bricks.
The initial building of “Ibrahim Pasha” Mosque served as a neighbourhood masjid. In 1615, with the permission of the Sultan, it was converted into a mosque, by means of adding a “minber”, or pulpit, to it. The mosque’s both door and wooden pulpit reflect 19th century elements.
The structure was renovated in 1996 and 2004.