This mosque was built in the early 15th century by Hundi Fatma Sultan, the daughter of Yıldırım Bayezid, and the wife of Emir Sultan, on behalf of the latter.
There is an octagonal ablution fountain in the centre of the courtyard built with a rectangular plan. This courtyard is surrounded by a riwaq, borne by sixteen marble pedestals, being interconnected by wooden ovigal arches. Furthermore, there is a mosque situated at the courtyard’s south, and there are the mausoleum of “Emir Sultan” and timber-built rooms at its north. It is built with a square plan with a single dome, which sits on an octagonal tambour.
While the initial structure was a multi-domed mosque, it went rack and ruin in 1795. Between 1804 and 1805, during the reign of Sultan Selim III, it was built with the today’s state, in Rococo and Empire style. This structure sustained damage in the 1855 earthquake, and was renovated between 1861 and 1876 during the reign of Sultan Abdulaziz.