This historical spa-hotel, which has become the symbol of Bursa, was started to be built in the early 1930s with the cooperation of Italian architect Guilio Mongeri and Hüsnü Tümer upon the instructions of Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, and the construction of the building was completed in 1935. It is located on Çekirge Avenue, in the greenery adjacent to Atatürk Mansion, overlooking the Bursa Plain. The Çelik Palas hotel, built to host distinguished guests, was transformed into a 5-star hotel after the restoration in 2000.