Bursa International Souvenir Design Contest
Bursa International Souvenir Design Contest
Click for detailed information and application.
BURSA IS YOUR GIFT
Travelers say, even you have been there once or more, you have not truly visited a city without smelling of the soul of it. A city’s soul, time, memories, and the charmingly old scent of its story should leave a mark on the visitor's heart and soul. And when this mark is passed to another person, it will become the reason for new travelers. These marks are possible with objects filled with narratives. Besides appetizing food, clothing which look like a cultural heritage sign, objects on desks, shelves, exhibitions, showcases and walls featuring the city's charms and stories can serve as the most beautiful cultural heritage. Symbolizing the spirit and memories of ancient Bursa, a city that was the founding capital of the Ottoman Empire, whose foundation was kneaded with legends, hosted civilizations, became the capital city of empires and states, and not only remained in the golden pages of history, but still keeps its existence alive in us today, is of great importance for the cultural heritage to be established in the future.
NAME AND FORM OF THE CONTEST
Name: Bursa International Souvenir Design Contest
Form: It is an international, free and one-stage design contest planned as two categories in a single contest process.
PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST
Contest aims to;
- come up with original ideas in the souvenir sector of the city of Bursa and to ensure that these ideas meet with design and turn them into concrete objects that represent the city,
- bring together the souvenir product range in Bursa with an artistic touch, attract the attention of local and foreign visitors visiting the city and leaving a meaningful memory that they can carry with them,
- keep the bond between future generations and the past strong by keeping traditional handicrafts up to date with modern touches in Bursa, which is included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network with silk and tiles,
- encourage the new generation artists working in the field of souvenirs to produce modern products by making use of the traditional values,
- create different designs that will keep this sector alive by bringing innovative ideas together with artistic forms and innovation in the souvenir sector, which will add value to the economy of the city of Bursa,
- find right designs that represent the unique image of the city of Bursa, effectively reflecting the city to local and foreign visitors,
The contest is organized in cooperation with Bursa Metropolitan Municipality, Bursa Governorship Bursa Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism, Bursa Uludağ University, Bursa Technical University, Bursa Culture, Tourism and Promotion Union, Bursa Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Bursa Chambers of Craftsmen, Bursa Culture, Art and Tourism Foundation, and the Board of Directors of the Historical Irgandı Bridge.
SUBJECT OF THE CONTEST
The subject of the contest is to highlight the unique structure of the city of Bursa with its history, culture, art and natural beauties in the souvenir sector; to allow the creation of souvenirs unique to Bursa and that can represent the city; and to bring together the traditional identity of Bursa from the past with modern designs and to increase the brand value of the city of Bursa.
CATEGORY OF THE CONTEST
The designs that are the subject of the contest are divided into 2 categories as “Pattern Design” and “Gift Product Design”. Contestants will be able to apply for one or both of the 2 categories.
- PATTERN DESIGN CATEGORY
Pattern design that can be applied to different surfaces such as cloth bags, notebooks, pens, erasers, pen holders, portable memories, envelopes, magnets, key chains, toys, jewelry (badge, brooch, pendant, buckle, etc.), scarves, shawls, headscarves, berets, caps, tablecloths, pillow cases, towels, t-shirts, mobile phone cases, glass, cups, mugs, plates, bowls, boxes, etc.
- GIFT PRODUCT DESIGN CATEGORY
Gift product design such as trinket, wall decoration, bowl, vase, plate, bowl , mug, cup, trivet, coaster, magnet, card holder, pen holder, desk mat, seal, bath set, scarf, shawl, jewelry (badge, brooch, pendant, buckle, etc.), toy, table cloth, sofa cover, mobile phone case, rug, etc.
- Contest Announcement Date: May 24, 2022
- Deadline for Inquiries (written only.); August 1, 2022
- Announcement of Answers; Incoming inquiries are answered within 3 calendar days.
- Deadline for Copying Applications to the Contest Website and for Hand Delivery; September 1, 2022
- Deadline for Applications by Cargo; September 1, 2022