This mosque was built during the reign of Mehmed the Conqueror (1451-1481) by a tradesman called Başçı Ibrahim, who is known to have initiated also the construction of many waqf buildings in Bursa.

The mosque’s brick-built minaret is situated at the structure’s western corner. It has a cylindrical body, and is accessed from an entrance situated in this structure’s portico for latecomers.

This mosque has a graveyard at its south, where also the tomb of Başçı Ibrahim Bey is situated.

After the 1855 earthquake, this structure was renovated in 1891. In 1960, it was renovated by the “Bursa Ancient Artwork Lovers’ Society”.

Views