This mosque was built by Muhiddin Mehmed, one of the hodjas during the reign of Mehmed the Conqueror (1451-1481). It is made of hewn stones and brick materials. Its main prayer hall, together with its portico for latecomers, has a rectangular ground plan.
Access to the minaret is provided by a door located in the west of the portico for latecomers. During the renovation work after the 1855 earthquake, the structure’s gable wall was rebuilt according to the original plans, together with the portico for latecomers. Its minaret, which was ruinous for a while down to its plinth block, was built in 1967.
The mosque’s graveyard is located in its east. Most of the tombstones there date from the 16th century.