This mosque was built in the late 15th century by Isa Bey, the grand-son of Molla Fenari. Due to the fact that this mosque’s minaret has a short body, it is also known as “Guduk Minareli Mosque”, or “The Mosque with the Stubby Minaret”. . Its main prayer hall measuring 8.13 x 8.13 m, together with its portico for latecomers measuring 3.96 m in depth, is built with a rectangular ground plan.
This mosque, which sustained damage in the 1855 earthquake, was renovated between 1890 and 1891 by Governor Mahmud Celaleddin Pasha.