It was opened in Bursa in 1883 (1300) for the purposes of raising teachers for the Ottoman elementary schools and primary schools. It was also decided that a madrasah should be established for the night education (teach at nights) in order to be more beneficiary, if available. As long as the teachers being trained here and they are in the madrasah, they were requested to bodily contribute to education-teaching at the primary schools under this school. Opening of this madrasah and the primary school under it took place in 1904 (1322). The school was built where the Celebi Mehmet High School is located today.